Klay Thompson Net Worth
Who is Klay Thompson?
Klay Thompson is an American professional basketball player who has a net worth of over $22 million. In the year 2014, Klay and his teammate Stephen Curry together set an NBA record with 484 three-pointers, combined in that season. From then, this pair is often called the “Splash Brothers”.
Biography & Wiki
Klay Thompson saw the light of the day on February 08, 1990 in Los Angeles, California. He was born to Julie and Mychal Thompson. The athletic spirit runs in his blood which he acquired from his father who was a former NBA player and mother who was a volleyball player in her college days. Apart from this, his elder brother, Mychel is also a basketball player who has played in the NBA Development League. Klay’s younger brother Trayce is a renowned Baseball player.
He was raised in Ladera Ranch, California and attended Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita. He gathered many accolades in his high school including titles like Division III State player of the year and League MVP.
He then enrolled himself in the Washington State University. He is a bountiful shooter and plays at the position of shooter guard with Golden State.
Klay was a crucial part of the Pac-10 All-Freshman Team and was designated as the First-team All-Pac-10 twice in his college days. He was picked by the Golden State in the premiere round of the 2011 NBA draft. In the 2011-2012 season, he was selected by the NBA for NBA All-Rookie First Team. In the very next season, he and his teammate together earned a title “Splash Brothers” by setting up an NBA record.
Lately, in the 2017-18 season, this 28 years old chap became the 28th player to score 1,500 3-pointers in such a small career in NBA history.
Awards & Achievements
Major accolades and achievements that enshrine Klay Thompson’s career include:
• He is two-time NBA champion.
• He is four-time NBA All-Star.
• He won a gold medal at 2009 FIBA Under-19 World Championship by being a part of the under-19 national team.
• He was also a part of US national team that won a gold medal at 2016 Rio Olympics and FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Klay Thompson net worth
Klay Thompson has an estimated net worth of more than $22 million as of 2017 according to the celebritynetworth.com. He makes his fortune from basketball. His current salary is $16 million. In the year 2011, he started up with Golden State Warriors and earned $1,700,000. Later, he signed the contract with the team till 2015 worth $9,700,000.
Klay Thompson is one of the few privileged players who get an opportunity to be sponsored by Anta- a Chinese shoe company. He is known for his serene and composed nature. His concern for the society was reflected in his participation in the local efforts to raise funds for the afflicted people in the wildfires. In all, he was able to raise a fund of $360,374 with his efforts.
Klay Thompson Bio Info
Full name: Klay Alexander Thompson
Born: 8 February 1990 (age 28 years), Los Angeles, California, United States
Height: 2.01 m
Playing career: 2011–present
Parents: Mychal Thompson, Julie Thompson
Klay Thompson Quotes
- I know to win a championship, you’re not going to do it alone. You’re going to have to have a great supporting cast. – Klay Thompson
- I think I might not be the best vertical athlete, but I think I’m quicker than people give me credit for. That was the biggest knock on me coming out of college. – Klay Thompson
- I tried to swim as much as possible. Being in Southern California in the summer time, it’s so nice because you have the warm beaches, so I try to swim every day. – Klay Thompson
- I don’t try to attach myself to technology so much. I’m on my phone a lot, though, but in the off season, I try to get away from it as much as I can. – Klay Thompson
Klay Thompson Videos on YouTube
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Klay Thompson!