Charles Barkley Net Worth
Charles Barkley- The Round Mound of Rebound
Charles Wade Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama. He is a retired American Professional Basketball player & is currently working as an analyst on “Inside the NBA”. Barkley is blessed with 1.98 meters of height and his playing career falls between 1984-2000. His fans called him using numerous nicknames like “Sir Charles”, “Chuck” & “The Round Mound of Rebound”.
A popular celebrity who is well known for his in & off-court fights including National Controversy in 1991. Apart from being a basketball player, Charles has written several books and has shown keen interest in Politics as well. Though, he announced for the run of Governor of Alabama in 2014, he changed his mind later.
Charles net worth, Life & Career history
Barkley is one of the 50 greatest players in the NBA history with a net worth of $30 million. He is a very good entertainer & his Emmy Award winning television show reflects his excellence in acting. Barkley’s love with television and acting can be justified with his short appearances in TV series “Modern family”, and “Suits”. He also played himself in “Space Jam” in 1996.
Charles completed his high school from Leeds high school, where he failed to make to the varsity team because of his short height (1.78 meters). However, during the summer he grew to 1.93 meters and earned the starting position as a senior in the varsity team. During his college days, Barkley played three seasons.
In the middle of his career full of controversies and ups-downs, Charles earned a very good name among his peers. Though he doesn’t support the role model fact, he was one of the best role models for the basketball players. His achievements portfolio is provided below:
• Winner of the two Olympic Gold medals in 1992 & 1996 as a member of the U.S. men’s basketball team.
• In 1983, he was selected with the fifth-pick in the first round by the Philadelphia 76ers.
• During his second year, he became the team’s leading rebounder & number two scorer.
• Before 1986-87 season, He earned his first trip to an NBA All-Star game and All-NBA Second Team honors for the second season.
• Charles became the first player in NBA history to hold a record of 40-point, 20-rebound, 5-assist & 5-steals. His celebrity status as the Sixers’ franchise player led to his first appearance on the cover of “Sports Illustrated”.
• He was named player of the year by “The Sporting News” and “Basketball Weekly”. He also was named to the All-NBA First Team for the third consecutive year and earned his fourth All-Star selection.
There are several political instances related to Charles Barkley- In 1955, he announced himself as the running candidate for Alabama’s governorship for the elections going to be held in 1988. However, in 2006, he changed his political stance. In September 2006, Charles once again reflected his desires to run for governor & made a video in which he was showing his support to Barack Obama for the 2008 Presidential election. Later, In February 2008, he announced himself as the independent candidate for the run of governor. Along with his political affiliations, he was a very big supporter of gay rights as well.